Monday, October 29, 2012

RAW ZUCCHINI BOLOGNESE

       I love pasta! Before I became a gluten-free vegan I would always order pasta on the menu, or even cook pasta at least 4 nights a week! Pasta is an easy meal to prepare and is still one of my 'go to' meals when in need of a quick meal. I still eat brown rice pasta with beans and tomato sauce, but this recipe is for those who like it RAW! *** IT IS AMAZING!***


INGREDIENTS
- one small red pepper
- 1/2 of a mango
- 1 zucchini
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1/4 cup of sun dried tomatoes
- nut-loaf (optional)
PREPARATION
1. Use a spiralizer to make noodles out of the zucchini.
2. Blend red pepper, mango, sun-dried tomatoes and basil in a food processor. 
3. Crumble nut-loaf on top.  
* If you do not have a spiralizer then use a peeler and make long thin noodles out of the zucchini. 
 * Need a meal with more calories? Add more fresh vegetables such as mushrooms and cherry tomatoes! 

* The nut-loaf is optional but I highly recommend it! If you do not have a nut-loaf recipe then use a food processor and chop up some walnuts and pine nuts and throw them on top! YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment