Wednesday, October 31, 2012

FACT: REFINED SUGAR IS POISON


      Today is Halloween. Today is the day that millions of children get dressed up and go door-to-door with one purpose only, to get as much candy as they can fit into their bag, bucket, pillow case or wagon! Wait, I forgot to mention the fact that Halloween is celebrated at school too! Today children are at school and they get to bring in candy and share it with the class, all organized and moderated by their teachers, educated adults.  

    Children are innocent and unaware that the candy that they receive is poison in its tastiest form. Sadly, many adults are unaware of this too.

    I was also unaware of how harmful refined sugar was until I read "Sugar Blues" 5 years ago.  It took me 5 years to give up this substance that I can assure you I was addicted to. I have never felt healthier! There are many alternatives to refined sugar that taste just as great and in my opinion even BETTER! This is an incredible book and I recommend it to anyone and everyone

Book Review: 
"It's a prime ingredient in countless substances from cereal to soup, from cola to coffee. Consumed at the rate of one hundred pounds for every American every year, it's as addictive as nicotine -- and as poisonous. It's sugar. And "Sugar Blues", inspired by the crusade of Hollywood legend Gloria Swanson, is the classic, bestselling expose that unmasks our generation's greatest medical killer and shows how a revitalizing, sugar-free diet can not only change lives, but quite possibly save them." (http://www.amazon.ca/Sugar-Blues-William-Dufty/dp/0446343129)


WISHING EVERYONE A HEALTHY AND HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!  


COLOURFUL, EYE-CATCHING, TASTY...POISON
DO NOT BE FOOLED!

No comments:

Post a Comment