Christmas time is one of my favourite times of the year because there is nothing I love more than spending time with family. I realize it is early November, but the Christmas holidays are fast approaching! You may find yourself hosting a Christmas party this year, or at least attending a couple parties as a guest. This Candied Nut recipe is simple, quick to make, festive and very yummy! This recipe can be packaged in a jar or a bowl, wrapped up and handed to the host of a party. These sweet nuts can be an appetizer at a party you may host this Christmas. Candied nuts can be mixed into your salads or crumbled on top of desserts. Enjoy!
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup cashews
- 4-5 tbsp maple syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
2. Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir.
3. Spread the nuts on a baking tray and put in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Stir the nuts 3-4 times over the 15-20 minutes to make sure all edges are toasted.
5. Nuts are done when the syrup is no longer wet and sticky but rather dried on to the nuts.
6. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
7. Place in jar and gift wrap, or place in a bowl to snack on, or store in a pyrex container.
*NOTE* Feel free to use any nuts you like for this recipe, play around with it to see which nut combinations you like the best!