Saturday, November 17, 2012

PUMPKIN PIE

      My absolute #1 favourite dessert is PUMPKIN PIE! I have been known to eat entire pumpkin pie's in one sitting, not to mention covered with whip cream! (YUCK) That was the old me, the one that was addicted to sugar and other unhealthy products. 

     Now I enjoy my pumpkin pie gluten-free, refined sugar-free and organic! In this recipe I use a can of organic pumpkin mix, which has no other ingredients. On the can there is a suggestion of what to add in order to make pumpkin pie which includes ingredients that I can assure you are not necessary for an amazing tasting pumpkin pie! With only 3 added ingredients, incredible flavour and texture, I present to you---Pumpkin Pie ---Did I mention you don't even need to turn your oven on!?

PUMPKIN FILLING

INGREDIENTS
- 1/2 can organic pumpkin mix (Farmer's Market)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 3 tbsp agave nectar 

PREPARATION
1. Blend all ingredients in food processor. (You may want to add a little bit of the cinnamon and nutmeg at a time to see how much you like in your mix) 
2. Scoop onto pie crust. 
3. Garnish with cinnamon. 


***NOTE*** I am in love with this pie crust recipe, it is the same one I used for my past two pie posts. For pie crust recipe see "RAW CHOCOLATE PUDDING PIE-OH MY!" and/or "RAW PECAN PIE". 

No comments:

Post a Comment