Thursday, November 1, 2012

RAW KELP NOODLE FETTUCCINE ALFREDO

     Want a healthy, RAW, pasta-like comfort food? Kelp Noodle Fettuccine Alfredo is the answer!

INGREDIENTS
- 1/2 cup cashews (soaked for 30mins)
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- 1/4 tbsp squeezed lemon
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup water
- pinch of thyme
- pinch of himalayan salt 
 
PREPARATION
1.  Combine all ingredients in food processor and blend.
2.  Pour sauce on top of kelp noodles




     I only ever post recipes that I absolutely love, so I need to be honest with you. I DO NOT LIKE KELP NOODLES.  I tried kelp noodles for the first time with this recipe. It was not the taste of the noodles that threw me off, it was the texture. I was expecting a noodle-like texture and it instead found myself crunching on kelp like it was lettuce. I still recommend giving it a try because I am aware of how many people LOVE kelp noodles and you may be one of them. 

1 comment:

  1. The longer you let the noodles marinate in the sauce the less crunchy the noodles get!

    ReplyDelete