Friday, November 16, 2012

RAW PEACAN PIE

    I heart pecan pie, and I will be honest with you, sometimes I miss it. I love the taste of refined sugar, gluten-filled pecan pie, topped with vanilla ice cream. What I do not miss is putting unhealthy food into my body. Now I can have my pie and eat it too! This recipe contains zero gluten or refined sugar and it can be paired with a yummy dairy-free, vanilla flavoured, coconut ice cream.

PIE CRUST

INGREDIENTS
- 3 medjool dates, pitted (soaked for 15 mins)
- 1/2 cup pecans

PREPARATION
1. Chop and blend pecans.
2. Add dates and blend. 
3. Press into pie plate.


PIE FILLING

INGREDIENTS
- 5 medjool dates, pitted (soaked for 20mins)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 4 tbsp of date/raisin water (soaking water) 
- 1 tbsp agave
- pinch sea salt
- pinch cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla   

PREPARATION
1. Soak dates and raisins for 20 minutes
2. Add all ingredients to food processor and blend until smooth
3. You may need to add a little more water to get it to the consistency that you like. 
4. Place in fridge for an hour before eating

 
 *** NOTE***This recipe makes two mini pies. If you want to make enough for a large pie then simply multiply the ingredients x4.

No comments:

Post a Comment