- 3 cup vegetable broth
- 1 onion, white
- 2 large carrot
- 1 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp coconut oil
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Chop onion and saute it in a pot with 1/4 tsp of coconut oil.
2. Steam carrots in separate pot.
3. Add vegetable broth and the steamed carrots to the pot with the onions.
4. Add pumpkin puree, and all other ingredients to pot.
5. Transfer soup to a blender 2 cups at a time and blend. Once blended put in another pot and warm on stove.
Garnish with dried basil and pine nuts.
Spice it up with some extra red pepper flakes.
Add quinoa for some extra body and nutrients.