Friday, March 29, 2013

CARROT CINNAMON APPLE CRUNCH

     I love carrot cake and decided to make a raw vegan version. The first recipe I saw on Youtube was from Megan Elizabeth's channel and it seemed to be exactly what I was looking for, simple and creative. I changed the ingredients slightly, adding more cinnamon and a couple tbsp's of water.  This recipe is probably the closest thing to carrot cake in the low-fat raw vegan world, and it is DELICIOUS! It is so simple to make and is a great snack or dessert.

INGREDIENTS
- 8 medjool dates
- 3/4 cup carrots
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 apples 

PREPARATION
1. Use food processor to mix the carrots, dates and cinnamon. I added a little water to help thin out the paste. 
2. Slice apples. 
3. Layer apples and date paste.



No comments:

Post a Comment