Monday, April 1, 2013

80/10/10 --- MY 30 DAY CHALLENGE

     I am proud to say that I have been a vegan for about 10 months. I am vegan 100% for the animals, but decided to try raw vegan for me. I found many success stories about how raw vegan eating is the way to go and how it can heal your mind, body and spirit. I did one month of raw vegan in January and loved it for the most part. I am very active and found it difficult to get enough calories during the day and so I ended up eating way too many nuts. My diet for that month was simply a high fat raw vegan diet and that left me feeling quite sluggish and I certainly gained weight eating over 60% fat in my diet.
      At that point I had already read and researched much about the 80/10/10 way of living. I thought it was really silly and to this moment I do not know if it will work for me. I have decided to give it a go. There will be big changes to my raw vegan diet. I will be eating 80% carbohydrates (fruits and veggies), 10% protein and 10% fat. All of my meals will be 100% raw with zero supplements. I am trying this way of eating because of the success stories I have seen and simply want to know if this way of eating can work for me as well. Here we go :) 
       Join me on my 30 day LOW FAT RAW VEGAN CHALLENGE. I will do a blog post each day and try my best to record all of my meals. I will be honest with the way I am feeling and detailed with the changes I am noticing in my mind, body and spirit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment