Sunday, April 14, 2013

DAY #14 - 30 DAY LOW FAT RAW VEGAN CHALLENGE

2 WATERMELON
7 BANANA WHIP
10 ORANGES
JUMBO SALAD

SUMMARY OF DAY #14

TOTAL CALORIES: 2,707

Lovely day :) Skin is still detoxing but a smile is also still on my face :D Feelin' great!

THE CHINA STUDY by T. Colin Campbell
I highly recommend everyone to read this book because it is so informative and certainly gives me the motivation and knowledge I need to live a healthy lifestyle. I will be quoting the book and highlighting some facts that I find very important, but please realize that this book so too good to just skim through and I will not be rewriting the book on my blog.

CHAPTER #4: Lessons from China
- "Good health is about being able to fully enjoy the time we do have. It is about being as functional as possible throughout our entire lives and avoiding crippling, painful and lengthy battles with disease. There are many better ways to die, and to live." (p.75)
- high cholesterol is linked to heart disease as well as cancer
- animal based foods increase blood cholesterol, and plant foods decrease blood cholesterol
- huge link between animal based foods and breast cancer
- more fiber = more iron and lower level of blood cholesterol
- only way to protect ourselves from free radicals is by eat fruits and veggies
- healthiest diet = high carb, low protein, low fat
- "From a boyhood of drinking at least two quarts of milk a day to an early professional career of scoffing at vegetarians, I have taken an unusual turn in my life." (p. 107)


 Day #14 complete :D

No comments:

Post a Comment