Tuesday, April 16, 2013

DAY #16 - 30 DAY LOW FAT RAW VEGAN CHALLENGE

 HONEYDEW
 7 BANANAS
 BANANA & DATE PUDDIN'
APPLE PIE & ALMOND BUTTER

SUMMARY OF DAY #16

TOTAL CALORIES: I have decided to stop counting calories. From what I continue to learn about eating this way is that YOU DO NOT NEED TO COUNT CALORIES :) After counting calories for 15 days I have a pretty good idea of how much I need to eat in order to make sure I am getting enough :D

MY SKIN IS CLEARING UP!!!! My skin started to clear up yesterday but I wanted to wait and see if it continued today before I mentioned it. I have a feeling it was detoxing with a combination of hormones. All that matters is the present moment, and presently my skin is clearing :) Patience pays off!

I did not have a my salad today and I MISS IT! I went nuts on dates today and feel way too full to eat a salad at this point, but I am craving one. Tomorrow I'll just have to have an even BIGGER salad :)

THE CHINA STUDY by T. Colin Campbell
I highly recommend everyone to read this book because it is so informative and certainly gives me the motivation and knowledge I need to live a healthy lifestyle. I will be quoting the book and highlighting some facts that I find very important, but please realize that this book so too good to just skim through and I will not be rewriting the book on my blog.

PART II: DISEASES OF AFFLUENCE
CHAPTER #5: Broken Hearts
- Evidence continues to show that a plant based diet is good for the prevention of cancers as well as heart disease.
- This chapter does a great job at explaining how heart attacks develop and more importantly proof from studies as to how they can be prevented.
- One studies results: " forty-nine coronary events prior to a whole foods, plant based diet, and zero events for those patients who adhered to a whole foods, plant-based diet." (p. 129)
- "There is no greater disrespect a doctor can show patients that that of withholding potentially lifesaving information based on the assumption that patients do not want to change their lifestyle." (p. 131)
- Three other profound doctors who advocate for a plant based diet: Dr. William Castelli, Dr. Esselstyn and Dr. Ornish.

 Day #16 complete :D

No comments:

Post a Comment