BANANA ICE CREAM
ORANGES & BANANAS
Today just may have been the first day that I craved cooked food. I found myself constantly thinking of many incredible cooked and even just high fat raw vegan dishes that I have made. I realized that the reason why I am having this cravings is simply because I have not been eating enough calories. I have been having approximately 2,500 calories per day, but seeing as how I am an active person I should really be eating more. I will make sure that I eat more tomorrow :)
I am almost done reading "The China Study" by T.C.Campbell. Once again I highly recommend this book to anyone who is interested in optimal health. The last thing that I plan on quoting from the book is just a list of Campbell's 8 PRINCIPLES OF FOOD & HEALTH: (p.226-238)
1. Nutrition represents the combined activities of countless food substances. The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
2. Vitamin supplements are not a panacea for good health.
3. There are virtually no nutrients in animal-based foods that are not better provided by plants.
4. Genes do not determine disease on their own. Genes function only by being activated, or expressed, and nutrition plays a critical role in determining which genes, good and bad, are expressed.
5. Nutrition can substantially control the adverse effects of noxious chemicals.
6. The same nutrition that prevents disease in its early stages (before diagnosis) can also halt or reverse disease in its later stages (after diagnosis).
7. Nutrition that is truly beneficial for one chronic disease will support health across the board.
8. Good nutrition creates health in all areas of our existence. All parts are interconnected.
Day #17 complete :D