Tuesday, April 2, 2013

DAY #2 - 30 DAY LOW FAT RAW VEGAN CHALLENGE


 7 BANANA ICE CREAM
 5 MANGOES
CARROT CINNAMON APPLE CRUNCH
- Apples, dates, carrots, cinnamon
 JUMBO SALAD
- lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, yellow peppers, 
lemon, apple cider vinegar
3 MANGOES

SUMMARY OF DAY #2

TOTAL CALORIES: 2,461

What a wonderful day :) Zero hunger, zero cravings, loads of energy and feeling fantastic! I could seriously get used to this. I remember first hearing about this way of eating a few months ago, and I swore people who ate this way were nuts and I told my self I would most likely never try it. Well to tell you the truth, I did do two meals of 80/10/10 a couple months ago and had terrible side effects which led me to say that I will NEVER try it again. Well here I am, two days into it and LOVIN' IT. My mistake a couple months ago was not knowing enough about what I was doing, and proper food combining. Also I eased myself into it this time by eating a couple mono meals a day for a few days before officially beginning my 30 day challenge.

Things I have learned/ want to share after beginning to read The 80/10/10:
- Sugar is not the problem, fat is. (natural sugars from fruit, not refined sugar)
- sugar + fat = high blood sugar 
- Eat mono-meal of fruit before dinner, not after.
- "Slaughterhouses have the highest employee turnover rate of any industry. Meat eating does not fit in with our concepts of kindness or compassion. There is no humane way to kill another creature." (p.16) 
- JUST 4 LAUGHS "It is odd that we expect that fruit will give us problems but that complex carbohydrates and sugary desserts will not. It is reminiscent of the person ordering a hot fudge sundae with nuts, nougats, and whipped cream, who then says, 'but hold the cherry, I am on a diet'." (p. 45) 

I did not have any negative side effects today. Day #2 complete :D

No comments:

Post a Comment