BANANA ICE CREAM FOR 4? NOPE...JUST ME :)
BANANA DATE PUDDING
MANGOES, JUICY ORANGES
SALAD - lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber
DRESSING - raw almond butter, lemon, apple cider vinegar
SUMMARY OF DAY #3
TOTAL CALORIES: 2,472
Today was a wonderful day :)
Note to self---banana date pudding must be eaten right away or at least not the next day.
Things I have learned/ want to share after continuing to read The 80/10/10:
"Insufficient carbohydrate in the diet leads to an array of health concerns, primary among which are eating disorders, severe food cravings, lethargy, weakness, and all of the conditions associated with the overconsumption of fat." (p.83)
- more than 10% of protein daily leads to: low energy, increased acid toxemia, a precursor for osteoporsis, kidney disease, arthritis, immune dysfunction, constipation, and cancer.
***Entire chapter with facts and studies that explain why even bodybuilders only need 10% protein in their diet.***
- more than 10% of fat daily leads to: diabetes, cardiovascular disease, stroke, cancer...
- oil is not a health food - The 811 diet does not recommend the consumption of refined oils. (p. 120)
- people fail to thrive on a high-produce diet because they do not get enough calories
- cutting out animal foods completely eliminates cholesterol
- cooked grains create a condition - acid toxemia - which is linked to cancer, arthritics, chronic fatigue and hypothyroidism.
- EXCITOTOXINS - addictive flavour enhancers added to most processed foods---studies show that these substances destruct certain types of brain cells ( ex: aspartame and MSG)
Day #3 complete :D