Wednesday, April 24, 2013

DAY #30- 30 DAY LOW FAT RAW VEGAN CHALLENGE


     If you have been following my 30 day challenge you will already know that I never made it to day 30. I would like to share my experiences in a little more detail.

DAY 1-14

For the first two weeks of my challenge I felt AMAZING! I had incredible energy and was loving the way I was eating. At this point I was satisfied by all of my meals and I made sure that I was getting 2,500-3,000 calories per day. My skin was not getting better (acne) but I kept the faith that it would.

DAY 14-17

My skin began to clear up and I was still enjoying all meals and feeling amazing!

DAY 18

I had a craving for more so I went to Rawlicious and stocked up on some delicious raw vegan meals. At that point I was planning on leaving for banana island the next day (BI) so I did not mind and called it my 'cheat day'.

DAY 19-24

I ate 30 bananas a day for 4.5 days. I enjoyed doing this for the most part. I was planning on doing it for 10 days but then I was beginning to get some unwanted symptoms and decided to leave the island after they persisted. I ended up going to Raw Aura and once again had some delicious raw vegan foods. I felt somewhat sad that I could not complete my 10 days on BI, but at the same time my symptoms disappeared within hours, and so I knew I made the right decision. I then decided to put an end to my 80/10/10 for the time being.

DO I RECOMMEND THE 80/10/10?

- I lost 10 pounds in 23 days while eating 2,500-3,000 calories per day!
- I 110% recommend reading the book as it was very educational and made me realize the importance of having less fat in my vegan diet.
- I also recommend trying this way of eating for at least a week, just to show yourself how great you can feel!!
- I do not have anything against banana island, but if I were to do it again I probably would just do it for 2 days to clean out my system.
- I have come to believe that by eating the 80/10/10 way there is no need to ever go on a cleanse or detox diet because the diet itself is toxin free.
- I highly recommend reading The China Study because it was mind blowing! 

*EDUCATE YOURSELF AND GIVE IT A TRY BEFORE MAKING JUDGEMENTS*

No comments:

Post a Comment