Friday, April 5, 2013

DAY #5 - 30 DAY LOW FAT RAW VEGAN CHALLENGE

6 CUPS OF BANANA SMOOTHIE...YUM!
 BANANAS
 
DATES
 MANGOES
JUMBO SALAD - green leaf lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, cucumber, celery
DRESSING -  lemon juice, water, dates, almond butter 
I must say, I just created this salad dressing tonight and it is DELICIOUS!!!
 APPLE & CARROT CAKE 'DOUGH' <3

SUMMARY OF DAY #5

TOTAL CALORIES:  2,748

Another wonderful day :) I am so grateful for my energy, and the positive/happy feelings I have felt the past 5 days. My mind is so clear, I am able to focus on things much better, I have so much energy and I am loving every bite! I did not think I could eat 6 bananas at lunch today, I do not really like eating bananas just as bananas, I prefer them in smoothies. I now know that I can continue eating bananas in their rawest state which is the best way to eat them :) Only negative side effect thus far is my skin breaking out, I can handle it if it means I am detoxing and that in time it will clear up, I am willing to give it at least 25 more days :) 

Things I have learned/liked/wanted to share from the last few pages of the The 80/10/10 book:
- This is not an all fruit diet, Dr. Graham recommends that around 6% of our total calories comes from greens. The recipe section of this book also includes many other veggies during the last meal of the day.
- So true..."Cooked food does not really comfort us, as we are led to believe, but it certainly does numb us from feeling. Rather than making us feel good, it inhibits our ability to fully feel anything at all." (p.248)
- You need to eat enough fruit during your fruit meals to sustain you for 3-5 hours.
- I have learned that all forms of vinegar are very toxic to the body. This certainly saddens me because I LOVE VINEGAR! I use apple cider vinegar in many recipes, no more...(there is great information to support this in the book:))
- Caffeine is a NO NO. Good thing I do not drink coffee.

*** I have finished reading The 80/10/10 Diet by Dr. Douglas N.Graham. I highly recommend everyone to read it. Reading it does not mean that you need to believe every word, or that you need to follow the program. I found the book to be very informative. It has left me with some questions and I am not sure I agree with everything, but eating very close to the 80/10/10 diet for only 5 days has changed my mind, body and spirit for the better already! I say 'very close' because on day 2 I had apple cider vinegar, and day 1 I had olive oil and a couple days I had some herbs and spices, all of which Dr. G does not recommend. I am OK with cutting out vinegar and oil, the herbs and spices (cinnamon mainly) may take a bit more convincing. At this point I am enjoying the journey and will continue to share my experiences.***

 Day #5 complete :D

No comments:

Post a Comment