Thursday, May 30, 2013

BE STRONGER THAN YOUR EXCUSES


The only person holding you back from accomplishing your goals is yourself. If you really want something then you will do whatever it takes to get it. Do not stand in your own way. 

I have always had a love for working out and I am grateful that I got into the enjoyable habit of working out daily at a young age. Exercise is so important for our overall health and hate to think what my life would be like if I never took the time to exercise.

I have a few friends and meet many people who are amazed at my exercise routine. There is nothing difficult, or unrealistic about exercising daily.  For some reason so many people think that exercise is torture, not for them, or unnecessary in order to look and feel good. Exercise can be fun, is certainly for everyone and definitely necessary in order to look and feel your BEST. 

I have spoken to many people who tell me of their goals to get into shape and start working out. As time goes by, nothing has changed, and even their goal of getting started remains. Excuses are in our heads, in our thoughts, and they can hold us back from reaching our goals. The only thing stronger than our thoughts is paying attention to our thoughts and changing them in order to create change in our lives. If our thoughts remain the same then change does not happen. We must change our thoughts, be stronger than our excuses and allow our goals to be achieved. We need to get out of our own way.

I do not have an issue with working out, but I certainly have goals in my life that I make excuses for daily, and it is really sad and often makes me feel pathetic. I am proud to say that although I fail often at achieving my goals, I have never given up, never stopped trying and always continue to take action. I know that my excuses are holding me back from living to my fullest potential, and I just cannot let that happen anymore.

We must be kind to ourselves and love ourselves as we are in the present moment in order to gain the strength to act towards achieving our goals. Self acceptance and self love are very important tools to use as strength to overcome our excuses. 


No comments:

Post a Comment