Saturday, June 22, 2013

CHOCOLATE-PEANUTBUTTER-BANANA PROTEIN PANCAKES

I LOVE PANCAKES! 

Banana pancakes, apple pancakes, chocolate chip pancakes and pretty much any cake with syrup pass it my way! :P Well not so much anymore. I will only eat vegan pancakes for health reasons and of course for my love of animals. 

I used to buy some vegan pancake packages where you only needed to add almond milk and those were delicious! I am currently training for a competition and eating cleaner than ever so those prepackaged pancakes just won't do. Therefore I decided to create my very own high protein vegan pancakes with a few ingredients as possible! All ingredients are organic, GMO free and unprocessed. I wanted to share this recipe with anyone who is looking for a healthy, filling and absolutely delicious breakfast! This is a FANTASTIC post workout meal. Enjoy!

INGREDIENTS
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 banana
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 scoop chocolate sunwarrior protein powder
- 1/4 cup water
- coconut oil

PREPARATION
BANANA PANCAKES
1. Make oatmeal as you usually would.
2. Add oatmeal and banana to food processor and blend. 
3. Heat frying pan and add coconut oil.
4. Make pancakes with the oatmeal/banana batter.

CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER DRIZZLE
1. Mix protein powder, water and peanut butter in a bowl. 
2. Drizzle on finished pancakes.

 ONLY 5 INGREDIENTS!
PANCAKE BATTER
 CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER DRIZZLE :D
 HEALTHY BREAKFAST COMPLETE
 NOM NOM NOM
 SAVOUR EVERY BITE

The best part about these protein pancakes is that you can play around with the ingredients and create your own variation of this delicious meal. You can add vegan chocolate chips, apples, berrries or cinnamon and nutmeg to create new flavours and a different taste for each day of the week! Who wouldn't want pancakes for breakfast every day? :P 

*NOTE* I like my pancakes a little under cooked. If you want yours more thoroughly cooked then I would suggest maybe adding a little water to make a thinner batter and then you could eat 10 pancakes for the same amount of calories that are not as 'doughy' in the middle. To each their own :)

No comments:

Post a Comment