Saturday, August 31, 2013

VEGAN LIFESTYLE

I have not been blogging lately which is a shame because I love blogging and I have had a few people ask me to continue blogging, I'm back :)

I am fully aware that not everyone will agree with the way I live my life. I have been living a vegan lifestyle for just over a year and I could not be more at peace with living this way. It is where my soul has been all my life but my mind and body finally caught up and now I feel whole again. I have had family, friends and co-workers who have told me that a vegan diet is unhealthy, crazy and not realistic. I have had people tell me that I will not be able to live this way for long. I have also had many people ask loads of questions which I never mind answering and I am grateful for their curiosity. I have also had extremely support family and friends who continue to give me their support even though they may not agree with my lifestyle or perhaps do but feel like they could never do it. And to that I say, IF THERE IS A WILL, THERE IS A WAY.

The fact is that the number of people living a vegan lifestyle on this planet is growing by the minute. I love being online and connecting with others that share my beliefs. There is so much support which is sometimes something I crave because I am human and I have the innate need to feel connected and understood. Living the vegan lifestyle is not difficult, and if it is something you truly want to try, then just know that the innate love you have for all living beings will make it extremely easy. You have support from millions and you will feel incredible knowing that you are speaking up for those who do not have a voice.
"150 years go, they would've thought you were absurd if you advocated for the end of slavery. 100 years ago, they would've laughed at you for suggesting that women should have the right to vote. 50 years ago, they would've objected to the idea of African Americans receiving equal rights under the law. 25 years ago, the would've called you a pervert if you advocated for gay rights. They laugh at us now for suggesting that animal slavery be ended. Someday they won't be laughing."- Gary Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment