Thursday, August 15, 2013

BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIA PUDDING

Life has been crazy busy lately which is somewhat funny because I have the summers off and I have found less time to blog than during my working season. I have been spending time planning our wedding and settling in my new city. I have still been trying out many amazing vegan recipes and continue to enjoy living the vegan lifestyle. 

Last week I finally tried out chia pudding for the first time. I made a blueberry chia seed pudding and myself and my fiance were big fans. Tonight I created my own chia pudding with one of my favourite flavours, BaNanA ChoColAte! 

What in the world are chia seeds? Chia seeds come from a flowering plant in the mint family that is native to Mexico and Guatemala. Chia seeds are known to boost energy, help stabilize blood sugar levels, lower cholesterol and aid in digestion. Chia seeds are an incredible source of healthy Omega-3 fats. When chia seeds are soaked in liquid (in this case almond milk) a gelatinous coating forms around the seed and creates a thick, pudding-like texture. This pudding is 100x healthier than any store bought pudding because it is all natural, organic and full of whole foods with no preservatives or refined sugar. Enjoy this dessert and share this recipe with anyone and everyone! We all deserve to enjoy desserts that do our body good.

INGREDIENTS
- 2 cup almond milk
- 1 banana, very ripe
- 2 to 4 medjool dates (more for added sweetness)
- 4 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 cup chia seeds 

PREPARATION
1. Put all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until fully mixed. 
2. Pour into bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Enjoy!

 CHIA SEEDS
 BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIA SEED PUDDING
 YUM!
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment