Saturday, September 28, 2013

CARRAWT CAKE CUPCAKES

My mom's absolute favourite dessert is carrot cake, and I must say I love it too. Since going vegan I have not had much carrot cake, but recently I made some raw carrot cake cupcakes for my mom's birthday. They were a hit! I absolutely loved everything about this delicious recipe and so here it is for you to try out yourself and see how yummy healthy dessert can be! Enjoy :)

INGREDIENTS
 CUPCAKE
- 2 cup carrot grated
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 1 cup walnuts
- ¾ cup raisins
- 1tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ginger
- ½ tsp nutmeg
(makes 6 cupcakes)
 

ICING
- 1 cup cashes, soaked
- 6 dates, soaked
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp vanilla
- water
(makes one cup of icing)
 

PREPARATION  
CUPCAKE
1. Grate carrots in a food processor.
2. Add dates, walnuts, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg to the carrots and mix in food processor until nuts are chopped.
3. Put mixture into a bowl and mix in the raisins.
4. Dehydrate until crispy on the outside and soft in the middle.
 

 ICING
1. Soak cashews for 2 hours.
2. Soak dates for 15 minutes.
3. Blend cahews and dates with lemon juice, vanilla and very little water (1-2 tbsp) in a high speed blender, preferably a Vitamix. Blend until smooth and creamy. Add more water if necessary in order to get the right consistency. 

*Recipe inspired by Kristina @ Fully Raw* 

No comments:

Post a Comment