Saturday, November 30, 2013

MAPLE CRANBERRY MOIST MUFFINS

Life would be easy if I were just living the vegan lifestyle, but I make my diet complicated by having it refined sugar and gluten free. In this case complicated also means healthy so passing on a rich slice of chocolate vegan cake loaded with flour and sugar doesn't really hurt me in the end. I still like to bake and have a sweet tooth so I find alternatives to satisfy my cravings.  This next recipe was made on a cold November night when I wanted something sweet and found organic cranberries in the fridge :) They turned out delicious!

INGREDIENTS

- 4 cups of gluten free oats 
- 1 cup boiled water
- 2 bananas, ripe and mashed
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup cranberries, fresh  
- coconut oil

PREPARATION 
1. Mash the bananas. Also preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a separate bowl, pour the hot water over the oats and mix in. 
3. Add all other ingredients to the bowl. Glaze muffin tray with coconut oil to prevent sticking.
4. Put in oven at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
*This recipe makes 12 muffins* 
Note: The muffins will be super moist which is the way I prefer them. 



Make these muffins into cupcakes by adding some maple icing :) 
*For the maple icing, simply mix a tbsp of maple syrup with a tsp of coconut oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment