Sunday, January 19, 2014

GREEN ORANGE-CREAM CRUNCH SMOOTHIE

Finally!! I finally bought myself a young coconut and YUM! I put a hole in it with a hammer and managed to not lose any of the coconut water :) I am sure there are much easier and safer ways to open a young coconut, but the hammer thing worked for me :P 

To be completely honest, I have made better smoothies, but this tasted good and was loaded with super healthy ingredients so I downed it just fine :)

IF you want something truly amazing then just blend the coconut meat, coconut water, bananas and the orange, I tried that before I added the other ingredients and it was so delicious! It was super creamy with a nice orange-banana flavour.

INGREDIENTS
- 1 cup young coconut meat
- 1 cup coconut water
- 2 bananas
- 1 orange
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs

PREPARATION
1. Toss all ingredients in a high speed blender except for the cacao nibs.
2. Once smooth add the cacao nibs and blend for 10 seconds so that they are chopped smaller, but not too small that they don't allow for a little crunch :P
3. Top with a sprinkle of cacao nibs.
4. Drink and feel the energy!  

 YOUNG COCONUT
COCONUT WATER DRAINED - 1 1/4 cup from 1 coconut
COCONUT MEAT SCOOPED OUT- about 1 cup from 1 coconut
 UMMMM....YUM
 FOREVERGREEN :P

No comments:

Post a Comment