Oatmeal is a perfect pancake base to use and a super healthy whole food. No need for eggs, all you need is a little flax meal to hold your batter together and help it cook into pancake form. There are vegan egg replacers which I have actually never tried, no need to in my eyes. If you do not have flax meal then you can always use mashed bananas :) We had a couple apples left and some cinnamon for a little kick. These pancakes turned out amazing :D
- 2 cup oatmeal, powdered
- 2 tbsp flax meal (mixed with a 6 tbsp water)
- cinnamon (as much as your heart desires)
- almond milk (we just continued to add until we got the batter to the consistency we wanted)
- 1 apple, diced
- coconut oil (for the pan)
- maple syrup
1. Powder the oatmeal using a high-speed blender (thank you Vitamix!)
2. Add diced apples, cinnamon, flax meal and water.
3. Continue to stir and add almond milk until you have the consistency you desire. We like thicker pancakes so we used less liquid (water or almond milk) than you would use if you wanted thinner pancakes.
4. Heat pan, add coconut oil, and make some pancakes!
Some delicious organic ingredients :)
Sprinkle with more cinnamon and show those cakes some love!
DRIZZLE and ENJOY!