Saturday, May 3, 2014

WHAT CAN VEGANS EAT? - THE CORNERSTONE, GUELPH

I love it when people ask me questions such as "Can you eat eggs? Can you eat salads? Can you eat pasta? Can you eat cheese?" I always respond the same way "I can eat whatever I want. I choose  not to eat certain things because of my beliefs. I believe that animals should not be used for anything (clothing, food, testing) and so I live a simple vegan lifestyle." It really is as simple as that. 

A few nights ago my brother (visiting from Alberta), my mom, my sister (newly vegan:D) and my hubby and I all went out for dinner. I am grateful to have such an open-minded family because they were willing and excited to go to a vegetarian/vegan restaurant in Guelph, The Cornerstone. We all got vegan meals and they were absolutely delicious! Why wouldn't they be? Another misconception that many people have is that vegan food is no fun, not tasty and not worth it. WRONG. Try it, you will be surprised. Nothing tastes better than a delicious meal other than a delicious meal that is made with only love - vegan :) Vegan food, I believe nothing tastes better. 

 Marinated Tofu Wrap
West African Peanut Stew 
 Vegan Texan Pizza
 Tofu Rice Bowl - Thai Peanut Sauce
 Tofu Rice Bowl - Mango Teriyaki Sauce
 Me, Mike & Christy
Me & my hubby :)

So, what can vegans eat? These days the real question is "what can't vegans eat?". There are endless options starting from the simple: fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds, beans and grains to the never ending new inventions starting from vegan cream cheese, cheesecakes, veggie burgers, 'bacon', pancakes, pasta with 'neat' balls, wraps, pizzas, 'seafood' stirfrys, sausages, ice cream, cakes, cookies, doughnuts, pastries, chips, tacos...the list goes on. Each and every day there are new vegan options popping up on the internet, in restaurants and grocery stores.  It is simply easy to live the vegan lifestyle, and so very rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment