I just finished a beautiful hike this morning with my hubby and our two girls Clara & Miley. The joy my heart feels when I watch them run free in the woods is indescribable, all three of them :P
So I wanted to post a delicious recipe that I love to eat this time of year. Nothing like a big pot of warm and hearty goodness full of veggies and mouth watering spices.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 small pieces of ginger, grated
- 2 large carrots
- 1 tsp coriander, ground
- 1/2 tsp turmeric, ground
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1 large zucchini, cubed
- handful of button mushrooms, chopped
- 5-6 tomatoes chopped or a can of whole tomatoes
- 2 cups red lentils
- 2 tbsp tamari
- ground pepper to garnish
- 1 cup vegetable stalk
1. Heat coconut oil in pan and add onion, garlic, ginger and carrots.
2. Add spices and vegetable stalk.
3. Add remaining ingredients and cook until veggies and lentils are fully cooked. (30mins approx)
* You may choose to add a little water while cooking, depends on the consistency you like.
Garlic, onion, ginger, carrots cooking in oil and a little water.
Rinse your lentils first :)
Add whatever veggies you would like to, honestly throw in whatever you've got - potatoes, yams, spinach, eggplant, green beans, squash --- YUM! :)
Cooking away :)